Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Birthday

My wonderful, amazing, gorgeous, unbelievable wife gave me an awesome surprise gift for my birthday. We had been looking at outdoor patio sets for dining out back. I really wanted something that could comfortably allow 6 adults to dine together (because we frequently dine with her family), and I prefer chairs with a little spring and back-lean to them rather than fixed leg chairs that can't recline. We'd looked and looked and just couldn't find anything affordable, so we'd given up. Well, when I was at work, she went all over town with her mom and all our kids to find us the perfect set, and sure enough she found it and bought it without telling me. I got home later to help get ready for the birthday party for me and Declan. I offered to take the balloons to the nearby store to air them up with helium. Lo and behold, a perfect patio set for a great price caught my eye when I pulled up to the store, and sure enough the chairs were perfect. I was so, so close to just buying it and taking it home but decided I better get Charli's opinion. So I went back home with the filled balloons and asked where I should start tying them up. Charlene indicated I should tie them to the chairs outside, and I was like "why?", we're just gonna be in here, but she told me we'd be dining outside, and I'm like "how?" So I looked out the back door and sure enough, the very patio set I had eyed and almost bought just 15 minutes before was sitting on my patio, decorated with special new place settings and candles. Talk about a wife who knows me. I was totally blown away. I love it, I love it, I love it. I didn't get a picture while it was decorated, but here's a pic of my favorite birthday present. (She also got me an awesome Fossil watch which I also LOVE.)

1 comment: